At QMA Education, we are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognise our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018 and the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
Whilst we already have a consistent level of data protection and security across our organisation, it is our aim to be continuously compliant with all applicable regulations. In this regard, we periodically conduct reviews of our policies and procedures, which affect in revisions to this policy. You are thus highly encouraged to review this page whenever you visit this website.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT THEM
THIRD PARTIES WE MAY SHARE DATA WITH
We may share information with the following third parties:
- Business partners, account beneficiaries, or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business.
- Governmental and regulatory bodies.
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions.
- Market research organisations who help us to develop and improve our products and services.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Personal information shall be held based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations;
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.